Get the most out of your candle
Before lighting, trim the wick to about ¼ inch in length to avoid burning it too quickly.
Leave it burning until the top layer of wax is completely melted to the edge of the glass. If you blow it out too soon, it may cause the candle to tunnel down the middle and won’t burn as well.
If you notice the top of the wick is mushrooming and giving off a lot of soot while burning, blow it out, trim the wick down and relight to keep it from burning too quickly.
Candles should NEVER be left unattended while burning. Please, and I cannot stress this enough, do NOT burn your house down.
Your candle's done, now what?
Once the candle is burned completely, the jar is yours to recycle or reuse as you see fit. The jar is your oyster! You can keep the jar to reuse however you want; think a place for your Q tips, a cocktail glass, or even a makeup brush holder.
To clean out the jar:
Carefully pour boiling water in it to allow for all the remaining wax to float to the top.
Once the water has cooled and remaining wax is loose, remove it from the jar and discard the cooled water.
The wick tab and sticker should come off easily after soaking, but a sponge and some soapy water should do the trick.
The jars are dishwasher safe to remove any smoke trails or wax remnants that didn’t come off from the initial soak and scrub.